1. Discuss your progress on the digital story. What is your plan to be prepared to share your story during the 7th week of class? What do you need assistance with?
So far my script, story core and story map are well developed. I need to work more on figuring out the best way to put my story together. I am not really wanting to use my own voice for it right now, so I'm looking into ways to have an alternate voice or even just a written with pictures type of thing. I would say the technology aspect is what I need most assistance with. I'm not very strong in any of the editing programs for this type of thing and I am having to learn as I go. In order to be prepared for presenting my story I need to lock in what platform I am going to use to create my story.
2.Review the resources for this week and discuss potential application tools for the production of your story or use with students in your classroom.
There are so many resources I haven't even heard of until reading through this weeks resources. Currently I am exploring the use of Canva or using a free website that will allow me to make a picture side show as well as adding voiceover.
3. Who is the authentic audience for your story? Who will be impacted by it? In what ways might this story resonate with this audience?
This story is designed for anyone who is looking for motivation. The story focuses on health and fitness, however, anyone who is looking for a reason to be/do better could be impacted by this story. The audience for my story will be able to relate in many ways, and at the end of the day-I'm just an ordinary person trying to do better for me and my family.
4. What skills and knowledge have you developed as you create your story?
Throughout the design and planning of this story I have learned so much more about technology already. I have really enjoyed the development stages and the use of the story map. I feel as though this is something I can use with my classroom when teaching writing skills.
5. How might your community/students be impacted by engaging in digital storytelling? What role can you play?
My community has a large percentage of migrant workers and military families. Digital stories could work well in my community for discovering more about these incoming families.
I am in the same spot as you trying to lock in what I want to use to produce my story. I am between a podcast or a video using Canva. I need to decided quickly so I can get started on actually making the product. I like how you could use the stories in your community for migrant and military families to allow them to share about themselves.
ReplyDelete