Part 1:
When starting to develop the LMS for this class I had a moment where I realized I have already been put in charge of something similar for my district. I have been asked to create a repository of resources for teachers that allows them to figure out the best technology to use for certain situations. Using the Triple E Framework I will be able to evaluate the technology before outlining it for teachers.
Though the Triple E Framework will be the best approach for me to examine the technology I am putting out for teachers to use, I do think that they will need an introduction to the framework to develop a better understanding for what I am using to evaluate. The teachers and staff in my district will be the lead learners in this project and I will be creating the course for them to build a resource that allows them to access technology to enhance, engage and extend. This will allow teachers to make sure that their students are moving forward with technology in the most beneficial way and hopefully provide less planning for the teachers as well. Though the teachers in my district are the lead learner, I find that I will also learn through the creation of this.
While the Triple E Framework is designed to evaluate how technology is being used for students, the article from Adult Literacy Education used the Triple E Framework and provided a rubric for educators to self assess as well as a way for administrators to gauge the effectiveness of the teacher through the technology use. (Gaer & Reyes, 2022)
PART 2:
Cognitive Coaches develop identities as mediators. They are committed to serving others in acquiring the dispositions and capacities of self-directed learners. (Costa & Garmston, 2015) Through the LMS teachers will be supported with their technology choices.Through the planning conversation outlined in Cognitive Coaches I will work with teachers to better align their technology use.
In my job I have the opportunity to work with teachers in 1-4th grade on a bi-monthly basis. Together we plan the lessons to be taught in the STEAM lab, trying to align it with the lessons they are teaching in their class or with the themes of the month for the school (agricultural awareness, career month, etc.) After the lessons are planned (for the month of September we incorporated collaboration to help develop a teamwork environment in the classroom for the year) the teacher and I work together in the STEAM lab, where I lead the lesson and they are there for support. The approach is meant to not only teach the children,but to teach the educators how to better incorporate a PBL environment into their daily classroom lessons. The big thing I took from the reading of Cognitive Coaches is to incorporate a reflective part to the lessons. This would be where the Triple E rubric would come into play, as well as 1:1 reflection time at the beginning of the next planning with the teachers. By adding in the previous lesson reflection at the beginning of planning we can work together to ensure that the lessons continuously get better.
PART 3:
The ISTE Standards for coaches that are addressed:
Coaches
4.1 Change Agent-Working with the teachers to help give them ideas and access to technology resources to use with their students or within their own planning.
4.3 Collaborator-This is due to working closely with the teachers in planning, teaching and reflection state.
Leaders
3.4 Systems Designer-Creating this team with the educators where we work together to plan, teach and reflect.
3.5 Connected Learner-Modeling through the coaching method of the lessons.
Essential Conditions supported:
Prepared Educators:
Investing in this LMS course will provide a way for teachers to be better prepared for moving forward with technology and providing their students with modern approaches to learning.
High Quality Learning Activities and Content:
By understanding as a district that we must move forward with appropriate technology integration we are fostering an environment of learning.
Resources
Costa, A. L., & Garmston, R. J. (2015). Cognitive Coaching (p. excerpt). Bloomsbury Publishing USA.
Gaer, S., & Reyes, K. (2022). Finally, Some Guidance! Using the Triple E Framework to Shape Technology Integration. Adult Literacy Education: The International Journal of Literacy, Language, and Numeracy, 4(3), 34–40. https://doi.org/10.35847/sgaer.kreyes.4.3.34
Gordon, S. (2022). Article 1 2022 Part of the Educational Administration and Supervision Commons Recommended Citation Recommended Citation Gordon. Journal of Educational Supervision Journal of Educational Supervision, 5(3). https://doi.org/10.31045/jes.5.3.1
International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE). (2025). ISTE. https://iste.org/standards/coaches
Good and easy to follow, I look forward to seeing your LMS course! I also feel the reflective part is the most important part of any activity, less distraction and not inundated with external requets.
ReplyDelete